Re: Firewall with no engine

Jay Scheevel

I appreciate that point of view, Jim. I probably will do this less frequently once I know how things are wearing (like next year). When I do pull the engine, I take it off with the engine mount attached. All of the wiring to the engine remains intact and everything unplugs from the firewall. This is why it doesn’t take me long to remove and remount it. For now I am content with having a good look at things. For example, some things are impossible to see with the engine attached, such as the condition of rotor and distributor electrodes. Just too tight back there. A couple of hours of additional time on the annual is not a big commitment to be thorough.

Sometime, I hope you will get to see my installation. Perhaps I will make a trip your direction this fall.

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jim Patillo
Sent: Tuesday, October 5, 2021 1:03 PM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Firewall with no engine

Jay,

I continually monitor everything visually and check  the necessary torques and clearances as required but rarely have to pull the engine. You don’t pull your car engine every time you tune it .

Since you don’t have a lot of time on your engine, maybe you should pull it this time, check everything and skip removal on the next annual. It’s just your ass in the seat and you know about that stuff.

Make it a Great  Day.

Jim

N46JP Q200