Re: Quickie Q1 - Canard

Jay Scheevel

That’s interesting David. I never knew that about the Q1. The Q2 has the two outboard edges of the center section vertical.

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of David J. Gall
Sent: Monday, October 11, 2021 1:42 AM
To: main@q-list.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Quickie Q1 - Canard

Eugen,

I think you still do not have the centersection block correct. It’s hard to tell from SolidWorks screen shots without perspective turned on.

In front view the block should be a trapezoidal shape, 20” span on the top surface and 18.6” span on the bottom surface. In side and top views the block should be rectangular.

David

On Oct 8, 2021, at 1:03 PM, Eugen Pilarski <interbus@...> wrote:

David,

thanks for that detail information end explain the interrelations.

So the center section foam unit for the Canard is 20“ to 18 1/2“ (14“+ 4 1/2“) with the 0.7“ slope and has no elevator slots cores, because is not needed internal of fuselage. Please find a sketch in the attachment.

Best regards

Eugen

Am 04.10.2021 um 02:22 schrieb David J. Gall <David@...>:

Eugen,

Additional to my last note, see page 10-5. The aft “elevator slot cores” are also removed along the line 33-F-G-H-I-32 for the remainder of the canard beyond the center section, but only AFTER laying up the elevator slots with one BID at plus/minus 45°. This yields a 78” long piece that will be re-attached to the aft edge of the canard after the canard is glassed. Glassing the canard before reattaching this piece creates a shear web from tip to tip just ahead of the trailing edge (hinge line) of the canard. Re-attaching the “elevator slot cores” establishes the aerodynamic fairing of the canard to the elevators outboard of the fuselage, but is not needed internal to the fuselage.

-David