Re: Interested in purchasing Quickie Q2

Jay Scheevel

What is your name and flight background? Your background as a pilot is a very important detail that people on this list need to know in order to offer useful advice.
Alan Thayer is based at LVK and has a Q2 with a Jabiru engine that is not finished and has not flown. Alan mostly flies his long-ez. Jim Patillo has a 1000+ hour Q200 based in auburn but commutes to LVK almost weekly. I think he still has a hangar at LVK that he keeps his plane in while in town, but I will let him speak for himself.

Cheers,
Jay Tri-Q2 N8WQ

On Oct 11, 2021, at 7:49 PM, ca_chris <Cwnilsenca@...> wrote:

I came across a Quickie Q2 for sale on craigslist at Camarillo. Here is the link https://santabarbara.craigslist.org/avo/d/camarillo-q2-experimental-rutan-quickie/7386958812.html The plane was completed a few years ago but has never flown due to medical issues with the owner. It does have a valid airworthiness and registration. It looks like a great way to get into a Quickie. What concerns should I have about a plane like this?

On another note, I am based in Livermore at LVK. Does anyone have a Q2/Q200 nearby that I could talk to/look at their airplane?

Thank you