Re: Vortex Generators (VGs) on the GU Canard

Hi Brent,

If interested I can send a photo of the template I made for applying the VG'S on my Quickie GU which skipped
every other pair and took into account the sweep of the Quickie canard by having the VG's straight with the air flow.
In regards to the question of the difference in the angles, that took into account the sweep of the canard.
The VG's must be angled straight with the air flow which is why one is angled different from the other.

The alternate spacing was tested in rain and performed perfectly with no trim change needed.
That test came kinda unexpectedly when I was flying half way back to Davenport with Terry one weekend when he flew his
Quickie to Terre Haute for something some time in the mid to late 90's.  On the way we ran into some popcorn thunderstorms
operating in the Champaign, IL area and decided to try em out thinking skirting the storms was safe enough if I needed to
get back to clean air quickly.  Like I said, they performed perfectly and the rest is history.

I might add that the VG's made an immediate difference on takeoff as he canard began to fly very quickly as compared to before.
That took some getting used to.

If you would like a copy I will need to get to the airport first to get it.
Thanks, Keith