Re: Forward slide canopy

Jerry Marstall

Jay, who are you to suggest staying with the original design???  Like you did??? Jerry

On Sat, Oct 16, 2021, 10:57 PM Jay Scheevel <jay@...> wrote:
A few people some years ago put in slides as you describe,Nick. They still require a small version of the swing over arms in order to have clearance for the slides. I think that they never really caught on because they were easy to get misaligned and bent. Too many moving parts. I suggest sticking with a proven design. My 2 cents.

On Oct 16, 2021, at 6:28 PM, Nick Wright <nwright27@...> wrote:

I have plans for a forward slide (using drawer slides) for the Q bird. My airplane originally had the same installation shown in your picture. Wasn't very sturdy.