Re: Forward slide canopy

Jerry Marstall

Beautiful job of documenting.  Now I see where most of those 30+ years time was spent.  My documentation is on a napkin.

On Sun, Oct 17, 2021, 8:33 AM Jay Scheevel <jay@...> wrote:
Ha Jerry! Mine is so far out there that I dare not comment!  However I do have “plans” on pages 48-96 in the following document:

 http://n8wq.scheevel.com/documents/build_logs/02_N8WQ-log_Construction-Fuselage.pdf

On Oct 17, 2021, at 5:39 AM, Jerry Marstall <jerrylm1986@...> wrote:

Jay, who are you to suggest staying with the original design???  Like you did??? Jerry

On Sat, Oct 16, 2021, 10:57 PM Jay Scheevel <jay@...> wrote:
A few people some years ago put in slides as you describe,Nick. They still require a small version of the swing over arms in order to have clearance for the slides. I think that they never really caught on because they were easy to get misaligned and bent. Too many moving parts. I suggest sticking with a proven design. My 2 cents.

On Oct 16, 2021, at 6:28 PM, Nick Wright <nwright27@...> wrote:

I have plans for a forward slide (using drawer slides) for the Q bird. My airplane originally had the same installation shown in your picture. Wasn't very sturdy.