Re: Finally

Bruce Crain

The clan is looking at a different location for FOD next year Vern.  Maybe back to Beatrice, Neb.  Will know more as the year goes by.
Bruce

On Oct 19, 2021, at 3:05 PM, smeshno1@... wrote:

Enid (if we don't get Covidized again) 2022 🙂

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of Chris Walterson <dkeats@...>
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2021 2:08 PM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Finally

 Thanks for the encouragment guys.

  Went to the airport this morning and set the prop pitch from 14.5 to
12.5.  Filled it with about 7 in the main plus the header. Reflexed the
aileron up a bit for takeoff and hit the throttle. Got in the air
quickly and stayed in ground affect and then climbed out at 110 indicated.

  Had about 5 lbs boost and climbed at 1500 fpm at around 1,000 lbs. My
speed ended up being 160 indicated at 3150 rpm. I still need a bit
finer, but I will stay with this for now.  Once I fly some more I will
set the prop to give me 3500 rpm with the waste gate off and 4,000 plus
with boost. I think my prop is a 56 inch three blade warp drive ground
adjustable.

  If it is nice again tomorrow I will install my rad cowl and see if I
still get the right amount of cooling and hopefully a bit more speed.

  I find the reflexor very sensitive. Tomorrow I am also going to bring
my digital smart level and lay it on the passenger consol to see if I am
close to the water line with my rigging.

Livin the dream-------------  Chris