Re: Front Tyre

Jay Scheevel

I am using the “lamb” tire (11” on 5 inch rim), same as the original mains. I had intended to have the same tires all around on mine, so I could carry one spare. I ended up changing my mains to 5.00 X 5 AirHawk tires, but kept the lamb up front. You will not be able to use this unless you have the upgraded gear leg ala Scott Swing or Richard Kaczmarek.

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tim
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2021 11:30 AM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io
Subject: [Q-List] Front Tyre

Interested in what front tyre people are using on the Tri gear.
Mine currently has a 10x 3.50 x 4 McReary Airtrac (https://www.lasaero.com/products/article/W006S408F) which is quite square in profile and I was thinking to swap it for a more rounded (like main tyres). Aircraft hasn’t flown yet… Tyre is just old so needs replacement.

Might replace with Aero classic 10/350-4 (https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/lgpages/aero_rib_10_350_460.php) Or keep the McReary…

Any experience and advice appreciated!

Thanks, Tim