Re: "Field Of Dreams" 2021 Report

Paul Fisher

I think it's a personal preference - hand brakes versus toe brakes.  I very much like my hand brakes. In addition to the issue Bruce mentioned, I think I get much finer control of the braking action.  Perhaps I'm just better with my hands than my feet!

If you do go to toe brakes, you should also look at the pivot in the tail (part of the Jim-Bob six pack).  That will keep you from over stressing the rudder mounts when you stand on the brakes.

But I agree with Jay, you should fly it the way it is and see if you can get used to it.  Paul flew it very successfully for a long time.  No need to mess with success!

Paul Fisher
Q-200 N17PF  ~1,750 hours over 30+ years

On Fri, Nov 5, 2021, 09:20 Bruce Crain <jcrain2@...> wrote:
Talk to Paul Fisher.  He has a duel control at his left hand with differential braking.  When his tail spring broke, several years ago, he still was able to control his landing with these 2 handles.  Pretty important with a tail stagger!
It will be a lot easier to manufacture than crawling under the panel to the front of the fuselage.
Bruce
> On Nov 5, 2021, at 10:14 AM, Terrence ONeill <troneill@...> wrote:
>
> Who has brake pedals on their rudder pedals, on their Q200?
> I need to add them to my just-bought Q200 with Jabiru 3300.
> Thanks,
> Terry O’Neill
> Troneill@...

What This Week's Results Mean for Trump
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/618559845054f59836654st02duc1
Pfizer: COVID Pill Results Are Beyond Our 'Wildest Dreams'
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/618559846fa7459836654st02duc2
Gulf Countries Ban Eternals
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/618559849081859836654st02duc3