Re: Flight report

Fredd Baber

I have got to fly up there and go for a ride!!

Fredd Baber

On Nov 16, 2021, at 3:19 PM, Jay Scheevel <jay@...> wrote:

Nice report, Mike. Just curious, what do you estimate your GW is on this flight today?

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike Dwyer
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2021 1:14 PM
To: Q_List <Q-List@groups.io>
Subject: [Q-List] Flight report

Beautiful day to day altho it started out at 60F which is 10 degrees below 0 for a Floridian...

So I had done some carb work, changed the oil, and new spark plugs and wanted to test em out.  Pre-heated the engine to 70F.  It starts much easier when pre-heated.  Got to RWY 36 just in front of a 737 so called ready and beat him in the air.  Don't want to see what the turbulence is like behind that thing.  Had to level off a bit to keep under the 1200' Class B ring and I see my speed went a bit high (194 mph) before I cleared the ring.

<image001.jpg>

Flew for about an hour, talking on the ham radio.  I slow down to minimum speed to save fuel and just loitered at 5500' about 150 mph.  It was 15% humidity up there!  Wow.  Then I headed back home.  The airport was pretty quiet so I just left my speed up (167 MPH on Final).  I expected the tower to say something but they are used to C130's, 737's and biz jets so they didn't seem to care.  Squeaker landing and uneventful taxi back.

<image002.jpg>

30 years back the speed limit was 180 mph at a controlled airport.  I buzzed through at 190+, then landed at KSPG and told the hangar bunch that I had just busted the speed limit over KPIE.  That started a huge argument and forced the old timers to look up the regs.  I think it's 200 knots now.  I think they raised it to upset me.

Mike Dwyer Q200 N3QP

Q200 Website: http://goo.gl/V8IrJF