Re: Option for lifting wing

Rick Hole

Whether air bag or hydraulic, do take precaution against jack failure.  Don't be underneath anything that could drop.  For wheel service the risk is not great.
Rick H

On Sat, Dec 4, 2021, 8:05 AM Corbin via groups.io <c_geiser=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
That is close to what I was doing prior to this.  Since I already have this inflatable jack (and air compressor) I thought I would give it a try and is sure  was quick and easy.  It also easily supported the front end for removing the tail.

Corbin

On Dec 4, 2021, at 8:01 AM, Mike Dwyer <q200pilot@...> wrote:

I use a hydraulic jack and a 2' x 2' piece of 5/8" plywood.  The plywood is covered in 2" of dense upholstery foam rubber.  The board is placed under the canard wing and the jack placed under the spar.  I think hydraulic jacks are more available and much cheaper than lift bags and air compressors.

Fly Safe,
Mike Dwyer. Q200

On Fri, Dec 3, 2021, 10:53 PM Cody <cody.craig1985@...> wrote:
On Fri, Dec 3, 2021 at 01:00 PM, Corbin wrote:
Thanks, guys.  I always like checking with the experts.
--

Corbin
N121CG

 This method is used by professional aircraft recovery companies. The have air bags as long as wings to lift jets when they depart the taxiway and sink the gear in mud. It's great, 5 psi over a large area lifts a lot of weight safely.

--

Corbin
N121CG