Fuel pump & condition inspection

Sam Hoskins

As I was coming back from Topeka a couple of weeks ago, one of my fuel injection fuel pumps gave up the ghost. I have a redundant setup, so no problem. Since I have to take the tail off to replace the pump, I thought I may as well do my annual condition inspection.  Here's a couple of photos. It shows the two Walbro pumps and the 10 micron fuel filter from Summit Racing. BTW, I run my injection at 40 psi.

I have a seven-page inspection checklist in the Files section of the Q-List, and I think I've pretty much covered everything. It would also be useful for that final inspection before a first flight.
Here it is: https://q-list.groups.io/g/main/files/inspectionchecklist-carb-01.doc

Take care.

Sam