Re: Reminder: Q-List Zoom meeting - Ask the Pilots - Saturday 11 December - 0900 Central Time

Richard Thomson

Still beats me Jay, I am still working on the Goes !! :-)

Rich T.

On 13/12/2021 13:21, Jay Scheevel wrote:
No touch and goes on my home runway yet. I do them on the longer runway across town. I’m getting better though so eventually I will do them on the short runway.

On Dec 13, 2021, at 2:39 AM, Richard Thomson <richard@...> wrote:

Wow Jay, you can do touch and goes, that must be a long runway !

On 11/12/2021 20:41, Jay Scheevel wrote:

To Kevin’s point about them all being hand built: My wing is intentionally mounted leading edge down relative to plans. I never fly mine with the reflexor deflected trailing edge up! Mine is in trail at takeoff and deflected down for cruise and landing.  Whatever works. You need to test this during your flight test period, so I would suggest you not put hard stops in until you have tested.

The range of the reflexor can be extended beyond the plans limits. Mine go to a max of 10 degrees down and 6 degrees up, and I still have full aileron effectiveness with mine deflected full down.  They serve as “flaps” when I am landing, but I need to pull them to neutral if I am doing a touch and go. (I have a tri-gear)