Re: Airport Operations at Commercial airports

Jerry Marstall

Mike's you are going to lose this battle.
Here in KAVL we have had badges for decades. $20 is a bargain. With the badge we can drive to our hangars. Training course is mandatory and enforced.
Adapt - unfortunately this is our present world - thanks to the terrorists.
Jerry.

On Thu, Jan 6, 2022, 11:27 AM Mike Dwyer <q200pilot@...> wrote:
Hi All,
Do any of you own/rent hangars at USA airports that have Scheduled airlines?

If so, I'd like to know how your airport handles TSA Badge requirements.

KPIE started charging a $20 a year badge fee and makes us take a TSA test on driving airport tugs and reporting bags that are left laying around... none of which we have at the General Aviation hangars!

The badge manager and I had a discussion.  He believes that all pilots flying have some sort of training and badges that allow them to walk on the ramp.  I told him that I could fly into any airport in the country and I don't need no stinking badge!  LOL.

Thanks,
Mike Dwyer Q200

Q200 Website: http://goo.gl/V8IrJF