From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of Bruce Crain <jcrain2@...>
Sent: Thursday, January 6, 2022 11:28:08 AM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Ground AoA/ tailwheel angle

Problem is it has been a long time for lots of us from the time we went through this mod.  There are a lot of variables with respect to ground handling.  The Gall alignment,  bell crank that Jim Pattilo has on his Q200, differential braking with the rudder pedals or only having one "Johnson Bar" brake or two finger pull brakes with differential braking.  Several ways to improve the ground handling of which angle of attack is one of them.  I did what you are looking at plus I added a large non pneumatic tail wheel which helped.  Also the reflexor attached to the ailerons helps as well.  I converted mine to a TriQ 200 but flew as a Q200 for a while.  Tri Q is a different animal for ground control but slows it down a bit.
You can do all of them if you like but many of our builders have different ideas about which one or two work best.
You are looking the right direction to tame this bird so don't give up!  Trouble is I don't remember the numbers for degrees static.
Bruce Crain  N96BJ