Re: Airport Operations at Commercial airports

David J. Gall

“The badge manager and I had a discussion.  He believes that all pilots flying have some sort of training and badges that allow them to walk on the ramp.”

Your badge manager CLEARLY failed the TSA training he’s supposed to have attended. Please tell this bozo that the whole intent of the TSA training is to ENLIST the pilot population as ALLIES in surveillance, not to alienate them and cause resentment. Pilots are not “allowed” to walk on the ramp – pilots are EXPECTED to walk on the ramp and REPORT suspicious activity, not BE suspects in the eyes of the local autocrats. Sheesh. And a course on baggage handling and tug driving is for baggage handlers and tug drivers, not pilots. Double-sheesh!!

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike Dwyer
Sent: Thursday, January 6, 2022 8:27 AM
To: Q_List <Q-List@groups.io>
Subject: [Q-List] Airport Operations at Commercial airports

Hi All,

Do any of you own/rent hangars at USA airports that have Scheduled airlines?

If so, I'd like to know how your airport handles TSA Badge requirements.

KPIE started charging a $20 a year badge fee and makes us take a TSA test on driving airport tugs and reporting bags that are left laying around... none of which we have at the General Aviation hangars!

The badge manager and I had a discussion.  He believes that all pilots flying have some sort of training and badges that allow them to walk on the ramp.  I told him that I could fly into any airport in the country and I don't need no stinking badge!  LOL.

Thanks,

Mike Dwyer Q200

Q200 Website: http://goo.gl/V8IrJF