Hoop Gear Suggestions

J-Dubs

I know it is slightly off topic but I feel like the knowledge base here is also quite deep so I hope it is okay to ask.  I have been trying to have a production run of hoop gear made for the Dragonfly list but have failed.  I believe that I will have to make my own.  This leaves me with a few questions:
1. Are there any design improvements that should be included?  I am thinking of adding 2 fiberglass sleeves for the final layers to help prevent cracking.

2.  In estimating material to get to 0.75" thick, do I just use the fiberglass thickness or do I add something to allow for wetted thickness?

3. Which resin is preferred for a hoop gear application?