Re: Hoop Gear Suggestions

J-Dubs

Steve,

Testing a few layups to see how size increases with time was my thought, I was just trying to avoid multiple shipments from AS&S.

Michael,

You are correct, DBFN 43 is the one that I am using for reference.  It gives great information for the finished dimensions but doesn't say anything about the amount of fiberglass required.  It also says S-Glass but that was corrected in later issues to E-Glass.  Using E-Glass thickness of 0.012" the 5/8" thick section would take 52 layers assuming that the glass doesn't swell and another 52 layers for the 1 1/4" thick sections.  I think that West Systems is the popular contemporary choice for resin but I am not sure.