Re: Hoop Gear Suggestions, Spring Steel design.

Frankenbird Vern

 On the Dragonfly list there are members asking about the spring steel MKII design. I have a copy of the
sketch and it includes the materials used but I suspect it may be in the archives hereon Q-list. My printed
copy is not in the best condition but I can scan and upload if there is no file available.

  The builders longer term than I am probably have some history on this main gear design. I seem to remember
there were more than one or two aircraft that were revised to this design and the reports were it was quite a
successful change. Same issues about the glass de lams in the MKII original stubs. Since my project had the
similar overall questions about the gear I collected as much data as I could for options.

 My canard has the glass stubs because I purchased it that way, but I am not going to use the spring steel, hoop,
or enhanced glass MKII gear. I am going with the RV7 (Wittman W10) main gear design. I already have new legs,brakes,
wheels..and wheel pants.

 The engine mount design is already available since William Wynne built the mount for an Ed Luce Buttercup project he
was building. I have the plans for that aircraft also. Of course William intended to use the Corvair powerplant on the
Buttercup..as I am on Frankenbird.

Vern