Re: Modified video

Jay Scheevel

Thanks Corbin,

I don’t have the Garmin camera, but I am sure it is very nicely buttoned up like all of the other Garmin gear. I got a deal on the GoPro, so I took that plunge. Seems like most of the GoPro users are on a skateboard, bike or some sort of surf board.  I am too old for those, but I did pick through the noise and found something that works for my flying predilection. I think the Telemetry app that I bought works with a lot of other brands of cameras as long as they encode GPS telemetry data.

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Corbin via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2022 5:47 AM
To: main@q-list.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Modified video

I’ll add that the Garmin cameras have this built in as well.  Many different options on how to display it within the app probably similar to the GoPro telemetry data.

Corbin

On Jan 20, 2022, at 3:51 AM, Jon Finley <jd@...> wrote:

Thanks for the heads-up Jay - looks interesting. I suspect you already know but just in case, you can also use the free GoPro Quik to do similar. The problem with the instrumentation in Quik is that it is  limited and not particularly 'attractive' (at least IMO).  I'm currently waiting for my money tree to bloom but may give this software a shot when it does.

Jon Finley
Somewhere in the Southwest flying an RV-4

--

Corbin
N121CG