From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of Robert Cringely <bob@...>
Sent: Monday, February 7, 2022 5:05 PM
To: main@q-list.groups.io <main@q-list.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Q-List] New Member Introduction

I guess I worked directly for BaE. I was the dumb right-seater to RAF test pilot and European Aerobatic Champion Neil Williams. We became friends at the Shuttleworth Collection where he was a display pilot and I was an apprentice. Nearly every weekend had us flying a jet somewhere -- that is until Neil and his lovely wife flew an He-111 bomber into the side of a mountain... After that I moved back to the USA.

On Mon, Feb 7, 2022 at 12:10 PM <smeshno1@...> wrote:
 Which company were you with then? Made that journey a few times in a Falcon..both 20 and 50 to and from Little Rock.  Looking down at Greenland/Iceland and the wide open waters between even at Flight Levels is a serious undertaking. I can only imagine what a single engine at the Glasair speeds must have been like..and that is where it will stay for me too.. in my imagine :-o

 Flying Europe might be a fun challenge in a US homebuilt tho..take the cargo ship with the airplane.

Vern