Re: Q2/200 Engine mounts

Ian Ashdown

Jay,

Ive done vertical CofG calculations on race cars the same way.  Unfortunately I don’t have a physical aircraft to work from, just some empirical data and calculations.

I feel reasonably comfortable that the thrust line +/- 1” or so should not change the characteristics too much.  I’m going to go forward designing the engine mounting system based on the best packaging.  The standard Rotax silencer is quite large, maybe re-designing something a bit flatter would allow me to lower the engine closer  to the O-200 thrust line.

Ian