Re: N131PS For Sale

Jay Scheevel

I wonder if that was the one with the bag of grapefruits that leapt from a bag behind the seat and rolled into the tail cone?

I have sturdy straps with adjustable buckles mounted to the floor. Everything in the cargo area gets fastened to the floor. I have a similar strap constraint on the passenger floor for when I travel alone. Haven’t tried golf clubs yet, but those would be fastened down in the front (no rudder pedals on that side).

Cheers,

Jay

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rick Hole via groups.io
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2022 2:41 PM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Q-List] N131PS For Sale

See to it that your cargo behind the seat is well secured. 

Thinking back to the early days of Light Sport Expo there was a plane on display touting the behind seat area extending well into the tail as “camper”.  Plenty of room to roll out your bedroll and sleep on the field.  I saw that as a good idea, but what terrified me is that rookie pilots might stow cargo back there, perhaps golf clubs, and get the CG in the hazard area.  Worse yet, if the cargo slipped backward in flight the plane could become uncontrollable.  After the show on the way home the plane crashed with no survivors.

Forewarned is forearmed.

Rick Hole

From: main@Q-List.groups.io [mailto:main@Q-List.groups.io] On Behalf Of Fredd Baber
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2022 10:13 AM
To: main@q-list.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Q-List] N131PS For Sale

Ok, that’s what I’m thinking as well.  Appreciate the help!

Fredd Baber

On Feb 21, 2022, at 10:07 AM, Mike Dwyer <q200pilot@...> wrote:

Can't speak for Dragon fly but on my Q200 I added a screen on the rear bulkheads and a fiberglass cover over the control linkage so I can just toss stuff in there.

Mike Dwyer Q200

On Mon, Feb 21, 2022, 8:36 AM Fredd Baber <freddb43@...> wrote:

I’m looking at a Dragonfly and the frame has the REALLY SMALL cut outs that don’t look like you can get much back there.  You can pull the seats forward and there are a couple of larger holes but the control linkages are tight there as well.  Would I just build a carbon fiber shelf to go over the linkages to avoid a problem?   Thanks!

Fredd Baber

On Feb 20, 2022, at 9:52 PM, Martin Skiby <mskiby@...> wrote:

Behind the seat back.  Lots of room, but tie it down!

Martin

On Feb 20, 2022, at 5:03 PM, Mike Dwyer <q200pilot@...> wrote:

Mostly behind the seats.  I can store about 5 roll bags there and because I don't have rudder pedals on the passenger side I store the heaviest bag in front of the passengers feet.  One time coming back from the Bahamas I was unloading at customs and they were astounded at all the stuff I pulled out!

Mike Dwyer Q200

On Sun, Feb 20, 2022, 6:12 PM Fredd Baber <freddb43@...> wrote:

Where exactly is “baggage” in a Quickie?

Fredd Baber

On Feb 20, 2022, at 1:48 PM, Terrence ONeill <troneill@...> wrote:

Michael, firm price $28,500.

Pics:

_,_

---------- Forwarded message ----------
To: troneill@...
Cc: 
Bcc: 
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2020 13:09:41 +0000 (UTC)
Subject: Larry’s Arizona Q-2

Terrence,

Some photographs and information on N131PS: Serial number 2520 was built June, 1997, it has 870TT as of today. The Revmaster was swapped for a  120 HP Jabiru 3300 June 2002, it has 676 TT now.  It has a spartan interior in good shape and minimal VFR avionics and panel.

This photograph was taken on the ramp at Durango Colorado this past Christmas.

200 MPH low pass

Join main@Q-List.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.