Re: N131PS For Sale

Jay Scheevel

I wonder if that was the one with the bag of grapefruits that leapt from a bag behind the seat and rolled into the tail cone?

I have sturdy straps with adjustable buckles mounted to the floor. Everything in the cargo area gets fastened to the floor. I have a similar strap constraint on the passenger floor for when I travel alone. Haven’t tried golf clubs yet, but those would be fastened down in the front (no rudder pedals on that side).

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rick Hole via groups.io
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2022 2:41 PM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Q-List] N131PS For Sale

See to it that your cargo behind the seat is well secured.

Thinking back to the early days of Light Sport Expo there was a plane on display touting the behind seat area extending well into the tail as “camper”.  Plenty of room to roll out your bedroll and sleep on the field.  I saw that as a good idea, but what terrified me is that rookie pilots might stow cargo back there, perhaps golf clubs, and get the CG in the hazard area.  Worse yet, if the cargo slipped backward in flight the plane could become uncontrollable.  After the show on the way home the plane crashed with no survivors.

Forewarned is forearmed.

Rick Hole

From: wacodriver@...
To: troneill@...
Bcc:
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2020 13:09:41 +0000 (UTC)
Subject: Larry’s Arizona Q-2

Terrence,

     Some photographs and information on N131PS: Serial number 2520 was built June, 1997, it has 870TT as of today. The Revmaster was swapped for a  120 HP Jabiru 3300 June 2002, it has 676 TT now.  It has a spartan interior in good shape and minimal VFR avionics and panel.

This photograph was taken on the ramp at Durango Colorado this past Christmas.

200 MPH low pass