Sparrow Strainer

Bruce Crain

Here is about the best pic I could find without going out to the airport (sore throat). If I get a chance I will go to the airport for a side view so it can bet better evaluated. This is my set up that requires vortex generators on the bottom of the strainers. Due to the fact that without vortex generaters they stall out when I push over to kill lift on the elevator. That puts the generators up and behind the elevator at a high negative upside down angle of attack. Before vortex generators I would have to stall the aircraft to get the strainer to reattach the relative air under them. Now they slightly stall when I push forward before completing an aileron roll for just a second. Then immediately reattach when the stick is pulled back to normal flight.
Clear as mud?