Re: Quickie insurance

Martin Skiby

Call Falcon Insurance. They insured both our TriQ and the Q200

Martin

On Mar 10, 2022, at 7:29 PM, britmcman99 via groups.io <britmcman@...> wrote:

Falcon covered me only after 30 hours with instructor. However, they accepted the builder Bob Malechek to fly those hours off with me. I didn’t opt for hull insurance, only liability. You break it, nobody else is going to be able to fix it. It’s a builder’s airplane, after all. So maybe you might hope for a total write off? This was back in 2004. I got more insurance with Falcon (Global) a few years back and it wasn’t too bad, but again just liability.
Philip Lankford
On Mar 10, 2022, at 5:30 PM, Troy Zawlacki <troyzc3@...> wrote:

Does anyone have recommendations on insurance options for the Q aircraft? The responses I am getting dont look promising and require things like 20 hrs of dual from a CFI who has 10 hrs in a Q (basically impossible). Is everyone just flying without hull insurance for the first 100 hrs? Or do we just realize that hull insurance isn’t worth it for a plane with an upper end value of 30k? Ive never owned before so this is all new to me.

Taz