Re: Quickie insurance

Kevin Boddicker

I was covered by Falcon from first flight (3/10/06) with hull ins. at $20,000. NOT IN MOTION. No coverage if the engine was running.
Only stuff like fire, wind, building failure were covered… Did drop hull coverage last year. Seemed like a waste as Mike said in his note. Just got the renewal policy yesterday. My agent is Kris Abernathy. Great guy to work with.
I had 5 hours in type, logged. At first flight.
It is a Tri Q however. That probably presents less risk in the ins. companies eyes…???

Kevin Boddicker
TriQ 200 N7868B   571 hrs
Luana, IA.

On Mar 11, 2022, at 6:49 AM, Mike Dwyer <q200pilot@...> wrote:

Never had hull insurance.  I built it and figure that I could fix it myself.  36 years of flight so have saved $72,000 so far.
Mike Dwyer Q200

On Thu, Mar 10, 2022, 8:30 PM Troy Zawlacki <troyzc3@...> wrote:
Does anyone have recommendations on insurance options for the Q aircraft? The responses I am getting dont look promising and require things like 20 hrs of dual from a CFI who has 10 hrs in a Q (basically impossible). Is everyone just flying without hull insurance for the first 100 hrs? Or do we just realize that hull insurance isn’t worth it for a plane with an upper end value of 30k? Ive never owned before so this is all new to me.

Taz