Re: Quickie insurance

Chris Walterson

I'm in Canada so it doesn't apply to most of you, but my insurance is around 600 bucks per year for basic coverage. No hull. The best thing is it is my insurance and not the airplane insurance. The company I deal with insures me for basic coverage so I can fly most small airplanes and still be covered for basic. Because I have more than one airplane I can use the same policy to cover them, plus, anyone with a pilots license living under the same roof is also covered.  My wife flew back then so it worked out well.

 For another 100 bucks I get Liability coverage on my hanger.

When I first test flew my Dragonfly, I saw that I needed 150 hrs to do the testing. They mentioned "type" but  figured on a 150 Cessna if you push forward you go down and pull back you go up, so it is the same type as the Dragonfly . That was thirty years ago and it worked out well, mind you I did taxi a whole bunch. In the states you need a tail dragger rating in Canada, you just need big balls.

 The question is, what does type really mean?  I used to ride a KZ1000 turbocharged and also a 60 CC Yamaha with my standard motorcyle license.  My A license let me drive a pulp truck with 220,000 lbs gross and a basic truck/ trailer with air brakes.

 My approach may not be for everyone.  Take care--------------- Chris

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.

Join to automatically receive all group messages.