Re: Quickie insurance

Jay Scheevel

That's a good one, Keith. Made me laugh!

Cheers,
Jay

-----Original Message-----
From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Keith Welsh
Sent: Saturday, March 12, 2022 3:08 PM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Quickie insurance

A little off subject…but while on the subject.
I had a conversation once with Avemco about my liability coverage on the Q1. With $300,000 liability I wondered about increasing it to $1,000,000 (my ins agent wifee told me to do that). The Avemco agent told me that he knew what a Quickie was and that besides killing myself how much other damage could it do. He said to just make sure to fly it into a brick building or something and that $300,000 liability coverage was plenty for a Quickie.
Keith

---------- Original Message ----------
To: main@q-list.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Quickie insurance
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 13:25:23 -0800

Find a non controlled airport to test fly it from. That’s an easy solution. Always worked for us.

Martin

On Mar 12, 2022, at 1:21 PM, Robert Cringely <bob@...> wrote:

Don't buy the airplane, buy the LLC that owns it. No sales tax for one and reduced liability as you note.

On Sat, Mar 12, 2022 at 11:56 AM Pat Weaver <pweaver311@...> wrote:
I ran into the same issues. I noticed the previous owner had his aircraft in his LLC. I am assuming the reason being that if anything happened in his experimental aircraft they could only come back on the LLC and not his personal property? May not be a bad idea.
On Sat, Mar 12, 2022, 2:32 PM Chris Walterson <dkeats@...> wrote:
I'm in Canada so it doesn't apply to most of you, but my insurance is around 600 bucks per year for basic coverage. No hull. The best thing is it is my insurance and not the airplane insurance. The company I deal with insures me for basic coverage so I can fly most small airplanes and still be covered for basic. Because I have more than one airplane I can use the same policy to cover them, plus, anyone with a pilots license living under the same roof is also covered. My wife flew back then so it worked out well.

For another 100 bucks I get Liability coverage on my hanger.

When I first test flew my Dragonfly, I saw that I needed 150 hrs to do the testing. They mentioned "type" but figured on a 150 Cessna if you push forward you go down and pull back you go up, so it is the same type as the Dragonfly . That was thirty years ago and it worked out well, mind you I did taxi a whole bunch. In the states you need a tail dragger rating in Canada, you just need big balls.

The question is, what does type really mean? I used to ride a KZ1000 turbocharged and also a 60 CC Yamaha with my standard motorcyle license. My A license let me drive a pulp truck with 220,000 lbs gross and a basic truck/ trailer with air brakes.

My approach may not be for everyone. Take care--------------- Chris

--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

Join main@Q-List.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.