Re: Conditional inspections and checkouts

Sam Hoskins

Fredd, now that we have that legal understanding out of the way, we have some questions, like:

What is the current condition?

When was the last time it flew?

How long has it been in storage?

What engine does it have?

Why is it apart?

Who is going to put it back together?

Is the current owner going to deliver a flying aircraft to you, or just a pile of parts?

Please provide photographs.

Sam

On Sun, Mar 13, 2022 at 4:57 AM Fredd Baber <freddb43@...> wrote:
Good morning,

Trying to be well informed before I buy…

Can the person who built the aircraft I’m buying (and holds the repairman certificate) continue to perform the conditional inspections even after I buy it or will I have to go to another licensed A&P?  In other words, is the owner of the repairman’s certificate only allowed to inspect an aircraft that they still own?
Since the aircraft had an airworthiness certificate before it was disassembled and stored, will it need to go through another inspection and sign off once it’s rebuilt, including another 40 hours of “local” flight time before I can perform cross country flights?  Or is only required to have a sign off by the holder of the repairman’s certificate?
Who can. I get a checkout I’m it from in the New England area?  I saw on another thread about two instructors but I thought they were more out west.

Thanks all!!

Fredd Baber