Re: Report of a Q-200 crash today

Fredd Baber

Fairly new to this group as I’m looking to purchase my first experimental…glad you’re ok!  Tough bird so that’s encouraging!  Thanks for the advice about the press…they like to do hatchet jobs on pilots after an accident.

Fredd Baber

On Mar 17, 2022, at 11:14 PM, Robert Dixon <rdixon000@...> wrote:

Mike,
So glad to hear from you and glad your ok!
Robert

On Mar 17, 2022, at 15:40, Mike Dwyer <q200pilot@...> wrote:

Yup, lost oil pressure and engine quit just a bit too soon.  Didn't quite make the airport.  The Q is one tough bird.  Not a scratch on me but plane is totaled.  More to follow.
Mike Dwyer x Q200 pilot

On Thu, Mar 17, 2022, 12:12 PM Nick Wright <nwright27@...> wrote:
Being told by a friend that there's a Q-200 down in Florida today. I'm told the pilot survived, but the airplane is destroyed. I will post pictures as soon as I get them.