Re: Report of a Q-200 crash today

Mike Steinsland

Based on all your posts I know you really enjoyed flying that airplane. So sad to see all that come to an end for now. That airplane served you well even in the end.

 Still impressed by you and the others in this group that keep your head when things like this happen.
Glad you're all right.
God's not done with you yet.

Cheers from the Great White North

On Sat., Mar. 19, 2022, 8:27 a.m. Mike Dwyer, <q200pilot@...> wrote:
Hi Fred,
Best I can figure is the canard rotated downward, ripped off the firewall and all went under the plane.  Maybe related to that gulley I went into.  The wing tips hit first.
Fly Safe,
Mike

On Fri, Mar 18, 2022, 11:15 PM Fredd Baber <freddb43@...> wrote:
Mike,

Glad you’re ok.  Never met but hope to one day soon.  I’m down at KPGD and trying to get a ride in Adam Heidi’s Dfly one day soon.  My question is how, when the canard was torn off, did your feet (and rudder pedals) not go with it??  Aren’t your feet sitting on top of it?

Fredd Baber

On Mar 18, 2022, at 9:14 PM, Jay Scheevel <jay@...> wrote:

Good to have you back in a talking mood, Mike. You did good out there.

On Mar 18, 2022, at 6:59 PM, Mike Dwyer <q200pilot@...> wrote:

Thanks Mike.  I should have kept a log of all the rides I've given.  Only had one guy that had a death grip on the stick.  I showed him how well two fingers work but he never got it.
Y'all be safe out there!
Mike Dwyer

On Fri, Mar 18, 2022, 8:37 PM Michael Dunning <dunningme@...> wrote:
So glad to hear you're okay, Mike. To echo everyone else, having you here still with us is more important than the airplane ever was but it still stinks. Can't believe you walked out of that one when the whole FIREWALL was missing.

I've actually been talking to a guy here in KHSV looking for your contact info. Khurram Aman wants to personally thank you for giving him his very first airplane ride in N3QP years ago and starting his love of aviation. Just condition inspected his T-67M260 today and he looked over #2827. He was amazed when he found out I was building the same type of plane 😢
--
-MD
#2827 (still thinking about planning on visualizing how to finish building)