Re: Reflexor control

Terrence ONeill

Thanks Paul.  Well heck; I’ve flown with rudder brakes since 1947 and I’m  too old to try to remember where my brakes are when I SUDDENLY need ‘em.

 Learned that lesson— that habit controls in an emergency - trying (one time was enough) to adapt to an ultralight Mitchel's… pull-to-go-down-by reducing angle of attack - pitch-control.  Surviving the impack, when I repaired the landing gear etc. I just modified it to “push to go down - conventional, and all was well thereafter.

Has anyone figured our how to modify the Q200 to modify so as to access, then thereafter be able to service the brakes?

Terry

On Apr 11, 2022, at 12:13 PM, Paul Fisher <rv7a.n18pf@...> wrote:

Access is exactly why I still have hand brakes.  I'm too old to reach under the instrument panel to maintain toe brakes!  That and I've flown with hand brakes for over 30 years now, so I think I'm used to it.

Paul

On Mon, Apr 11, 2022, 12:02 Terrence ONeill <troneill@...> wrote:
Sam, I remember your hand brakes, when I visited your plane last year; and mine are the same.
But I really want to change them to have  my brakes on the rudder pedals.

Does anypne on the list have converted fromhand to them them on th3 rudders?
How do you access the rudder pedals?

Terry

On Apr 11, 2022, at 6:29 AM, Sam Hoskins <sam.hoskins@...> wrote:

Nick, I use the ratchet type cable.  You can see it here, just aft of the control stick.  I normally only adjust it three times during flight; before takeoff, cruise, and in the landing pattern. BTW, this photo is at least 15 years old, the instrument panel is now completely different.

Sam

On Sun, Apr 10, 2022 at 1:58 PM Nick Wright <nwright27@...> wrote:
Hi guys. What is the best option for reflexor control? I've thought about using a friction lever in the location where the hand brake once was, but I've also seen some using a push-pull throttle vernier control also. Is one beeter than the other or just preference?