Re: Q200 Prop

Jay Scheevel

In the near term, maybe you could talk to Bob Farnam, who sold his Q200 last year. Jim Patillo speaks with him regularly. He tried a number of props on his plane before he settled on his Catto prop and he told me once that he had a stack of props and would sell or loan me one to get me going. I bought a Prince prop so did not need one of his, but he may still have his “stack”. If you have to wait for a prop, you might as well be flying with one that has flown before on a Q200.

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert Schmid
Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2022 11:06 AM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io
Subject: [Q-List] Q200 Prop

So I just went to Prince Props to see cost and timing for a new prop ... Turns out their wait time is 10 months, yes TEN MONTHS. I know many of you are using Catto props and I have reached out to them too.

Any other suggestions for buying a prop?
Prince suggested 58" diameter with a 70 pitch ... Is that in line with your experience?
Anyone has a prop for the Q200 around they'd sell?

Thanks Robert
--
Robert "TheFrisco" Schmid
(408) 805-5450