Re: AV30 Install

Martin Skiby

Yes sir.  Still have that project, but ended up with a Velocity XLFG finally and will be concentrating on that.  

Just wanted to say hi!!

-----------------------------------------

To: main@Q-List.groups.io
Cc:
Sent: Monday May 16 2022 10:36:32PM
Subject: Re: [Q-List] AV30 Install

I sure do remember.  I built that wing in the garage.  Well, mostly in the garage.  The building was shorter than the wing by a foot or so.

I got a lot of advice from the guy at Velocity who built their wings.  Hundreds of them.  I used his hot wire rig to cut the cores.

I cut all the cloth on Velocity’s cutting table.  That would have been 2010 or 2011.

You ended up with my Q2 project, 50% done perhaps, plus a second wing for another of your projects.

Rick Hole

From: main@Q-List.groups.io [mailto:main@Q-List.groups.io] On Behalf Of Martin Skiby
Sent: Monday, May 16, 2022 9:03 PM
To: main@q-list.groups.io

Going to go with the AV-30 as a back up to the dual GX3s.  I know several folks using the AV-20 and since I have a bit more panel I’ll go with the larger one.   

Panel underway now.  Looking forward to putting this bird back together.

By the way.

Rick Hole,  do you remember building me a wing for the TriQ200?

Martin

On May 14, 2022, at 10:10 AM, Mike via groups.io <n7000t@...> wrote:

Nice job Jim!!!!

Mike 

On May 14, 2022, at 11:48 AM, Rick Hole via groups.io <r.hole@...> wrote:

Just a reminder, wire size for both power and ground is determined by the breaker or fuse protecting that circuit, not by the expected load

In the event of a short circuit the wire must conduct high current until the breaker or fuse interrupts the circuit without overheating.

For an extreme example, consider if the load were a 10 mA LED pilot light connected to a 10 amp breaker circuit.  A short at the LED would result in (more than) 10 amps flowing through the wire.   While it is tempting to think we could use perhaps a 24 or 26 gauge wire, plenty good for 10 mA, that wire would glow red hot before evaporating with the possibility of causing other nearby wires’ insulation to melt and a cascade failure result.  Or an in-flight fire.  Hence the wire must hold up for the trip current long enough for the breaker/fuse to blow.

Rick Hole

From: main@Q-List.groups.io [mailto:main@Q-List.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kevin Boddicker
Sent: Saturday, May 14, 2022 10:11 AM
To: main@q-list.groups.io

Jim,

What size wire did you use for the install?

Will I see you in September? No song lyrics intended.

Kevin Boddicker
TriQ 200 N7868B  580  hrs
Luana, IA.

Join main@Q-List.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.