Re: Spring Fling 22

Jerry Marstall

I was Larry's jumping coach.  That says it all. Jm

On Mon, May 23, 2022, 7:32 PM Jay Scheevel <jay@...> wrote:

I will take you up on that. Jerry Marstall on one side of Larry and me on the other!  I am sure Jerry must have played a few pick-up games with Larry when he lived in Boston 😉

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Keith Welsh
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2022 5:26 PM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Spring Fling 22

Jay,

French Lick is actually in the Southern part of the state.  That area is famous for it's mineral springs which drew upper echelon crowds and even a president or two through the turn of the century and beyond and was supported by a couple of very exquisite hotels.  Both are still in operation.  Now a golf resort.  However, for those really hard up to see something Larry Bird there is a VERY tall statue of him in front of the ISU Hulman Civic Center.  Maybe around 20' tall.  Kinda forget now.  Incidentally the sculptor, who is from Terre Haute, had his insurance with my wife for many years.  Very nice folks.

So yes Jay, if your a Bird fan I can show ya something that is worth a photo.

Keith

From: "Mike Bergen" <dmbergen@...>
To: main@Q-List.groups.io
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 06:24:23 -0700

Life often gets in the way so at the chance that the Bergen's are OBE, or WX gets in the way, I called the hotel front desk for the cancellation policy. Apparently they are quite lenient and she stated that if need be call even the day of the arrival and there will be no charge.

I like Indiana already!

Mike