Re: Q2 Brakes and wheel mounts

Sam Hoskins

Here's the thing. On my wheels at least, the valve stem doesn't point straight out. In fact, when filling air on my bench I often have to wedge a screwdriver behind it so I can get the air hose on it. You might want to hold off on this until you have some hands-on experience with it, then you can decide if it's necessary or not.

Sam

On Mon, May 23, 2022, 7:52 PM Dave Dugas via groups.io <davedq2=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have the same philosophy as Sam on the tire thing. I don't have a hole in my wheelpant either. I just see how they look during the preflight. Mine are inflated to 30 lbs. to start with. If they look good after 24 hours, they should be good for the season. Have fun at the Spring Fling. Planning on being at the FOD in the fall no matter what.... Dave D

On Mon, May 23, 2022 at 7:49 PM, Jay Scheevel
<jay@...> wrote:

I have one like that, Mike. Tricky part is that the hose has to be exactly parallel with the stem to seal got pressure reading and filling. That is hard to do if you don’t have some wiggle room to line it up.

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike Steinsland
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2022 5:43 PM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io Group Moderators <main@q-list.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Q2 Brakes and wheel mounts

I'm thinking one of these inflator / gauges wouldn't need much of a hole and could reach in.

R& R ing the cap may require a creative gizmo of some sort.

On Mon., May 23, 2022, 7:34 p.m. Jay Scheevel, <jay@...> wrote:

Think of it like this. The empty weight is probably 650 pounds, and the amount of fuel may vary +/- 60 pounds. Most of the weight is on the mains, so you will be accurate to plus or minus 10%. I’d say good-to-go 😉