Re: Q2 Brakes and wheel mounts

Jim Patillo

The smaller Chen Shing 11:00x4:00/5 we now use is a ribbed tire. They are 6/8 ply and last a lot longer than the originals.  The only problem is, the tube Spruce sells has an angled brass valve stem that orients wrong when inflated, pushing
the stem hard into the wheel. This makes it difficult if not impossible to fill without taking the tire/wheel off.

Jim
N46JP Q200

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of Corbin via groups.io <c_geiser@...>
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2022 5:10:34 PM
To: main@q-list.groups.io <main@q-list.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Q2 Brakes and wheel mounts

I’ve replaced one of them with the same size/tread but I think I had to grab a different manufacturer.  I’ll check tomorrow or Friday.

Corbin

On May 25, 2022, at 7:04 PM, Jim Patillo <Logistics_engineering@...> wrote:

Corbin do you still have the stock tires on your plane?

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of Ben Wilson <4benwilson@...>
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2022 2:46:53 PM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io>

Hi Corbin

Seems like correct answer to tire pressure.

Won’t even need Keith’s 22nd-century space-coveralls. 😊

Just kidding.

Ben

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Corbin via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2022 10:55 AM
To: Q List <main@Q-List.groups.io>

I don’t use tire stem covers at all.   Like others, I rarely need to air them up/down and when I do I use the access hole to screw on an attachment to air up.  I  would not be able to unscrew a stem cover without raising up the wheel and possible even removing it.

Corbin

On May 25, 2022, at 12:00 PM, Robert Schmid <robert@...> wrote:

Any of you use these? I do on my RV4 ...

--
Robert "TheFrisco" Schmid
(408) 805-5450

www.facebook.com/TheFlyingFriscos
www.theflyingfriscos.com

Love building planes almost as much as flying. Latest completed build is "Loki", a Chinook Plus 2 bush plane.

--

Corbin 
N121CG

--

Corbin 
N121CG

Join main@Q-List.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.