Re: Brake Lines?

Edwin Medina

In my project I will like to upgrade the brakes, any one know if we can put something similar to Cessnas? Is it necessary to change the structure or alter it?

On Wed, May 25, 2022 at 21:53 Robert Cringely <bob@...> wrote:
Rutan standard was Nylaflo brake lines, sometimes with metal lines (or a metal reinforcement) just on the brake end to avoid melting the plastic under heavy braking. So that copper you are seeing may only be a few inches long...

On Fri, May 20, 2022 at 7:41 PM Robert Schmid <robert@...> wrote:
My rescue project looks like it has copper brake lines inside a nylon tube. Was that the standard?

I am planning to first pressure test my existing lines and see if they are corroded but I am wondering what others have done? Will the copper line even pull thru the nylon line inside the canard?

The wonders of buying a plane that sat outside too long ;-)

Robert
--
Robert "TheFrisco" Schmid
(408) 805-5450