Delamination

I have had several major life changes happen over the last year. I've had to make several adjustments to my life and schedule which had put my quickie on the back burner. But as things are balancing out for me, I have finally been home enough to begin work again.
On this note, I have found a 6 inch delamination where the wood should reinforce the shell below the canopy. Is this going to become a major concern? I was thinking of carving the section out and repairing it. It's probably too far back to use as a place to install naca ducts for airflow. It would be just above my left arm if I was using the throttle or mixture controls. I'm working on laminating the bulkheads and maybe the seat/tank like Chris did on his before I match the shells together and finish cutting out the frame.