Re: Another delamination problem

Rick Hole

You must do the tap test.  The delam will be larger than what you can feel.  I have done similar repairs oodles of times in my Velocity days.  I have done repairs both by syringe injection and by cutting out the glass around the delam, building up the crushed foam and reglassing.
If the foam is crushed, just filling the void with epoxy, weighing down the glass above will not be sufficient.  It would be something like painting over rust, it'll look ok for a while then you get to do it over.
By the way, it is not all that difficult a repair.  Have fun!

Rick Hole
_._,_._,_