Re: Weight and balance and fuel considerations

Richard Thomson

    Are you expecting heavier or lighter Corbin ? cant remember if you had clockwork panel before, or 1st gen EFis ?

    Rich T

On 29/06/2022 10:38, Corbin via groups.io wrote:
For reference, my Q200 is 727lbs empty and I’m weighing again at the end of week now that all the avionics are complete.

Corbin

On Jun 29, 2022, at 4:26 AM, Richard Thomson <richard@...> wrote:

Hi Troy,

Your plot looks similar to my original ones, then Jay pointed out to me I was using the wrong axis and bingo came out they were spot on between the flags.

My TriQ200  is around 760 Lbs empty.

Rich T.

On 29/06/2022 03:41, Troy Zawlacki wrote:
I just recently did a prelim W&B as I finish up my plane and then went deep down the rabbit hole immediately. I remade the original charts from the operating manual into a spreadsheet so I could figure the optimal place to locate my battery.

Then I quickly realized that the CG envelope doesn’t seem big enough for the difference between full fuel in the main and empty fuel in the main? Has anyone else noticed this? I made this plot for just one pilot with points from top to bottom showing:full main full header, empty main full header, and finally all empty. It seems like a normal plot to make for a cross country but it would be impossible to stay within the limits burning the full main tank volume. Are the CG limits really that conservative from the plans?

Also, does anyone want to share their empty weight numbers? I had a good laugh after reading the plans again as they quote 495 lbs for a Q2 and 505 lbs for a Q200! I seem to recall like 650 lbs for a Q2 and 700 lbs for a Q200 as normal.

My plane comes in at 595 lbs and a 40 inch CG arm (which I think I am happy about?).

PastedGraphic-1.png

Taz

--

Corbin