Re: Dual Battery Setup

Sam Hoskins

First off, you should have a copy of Bob Nuckolls Aeroelectric book.

I have a fuel injection system with electronic ignition. I use two Odyssey P625 batteries.I'll make a PDF of my current system and get it uploaded to the file section.

Sam

On Mon, Jul 4, 2022, 1:16 PM Robert Schmid <robert@...> wrote:
So I have been doing some reading and research on battery backup setups and it seems that the most common design is a smaller battery that runs only an emergency bus, separate from the main bus. This setup makes sense, when you consider how heavy full size batteries are but I have an idea I'd like to thoughts on ... What if I have 2 same EarthX batteries which are considerable lighter while more expensive, running in parallel?

For background, I will be running electronic ignition and fuel injection so battery power is key to my O-200 Quickie. With a simple 2 battery setup, they can run in parallel and both can be charged at the same time. Then add a switch that turns on both relays or one or the other battery, to the main bus (coils & ignition) and my VPX (everything else electrical).

Here is yet again my simple drawing for reference ... no comments on my drawing skills please ;-)

Appreciate your thoughts & comments and a HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!

--
Robert "TheFrisco" Schmid
(408) 805-5450

www.facebook.com/TheFlyingFriscos