From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of One Sky Dog via groups.io
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2022 8:21 AM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io; main@q-list.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Q-List] N169W

Jay,

I just looked at the FAA approved kit list. The Q’s like Dragonfly do not appear on the list. That puts it in the category of plans built.

I deregistered my Dragonfly by writing scrapped on the registration and sent it in. I re- registered it same serial number and new N number. I presented it to the DAR as amateur built with me as the primary builder.

Regards,

Charlie

On Sunday, July 10, 2022, 7:16 PM, Jay Scheevel <jay@...> wrote:

IMO the best approach is to call it by a new model name (something like: Quickie model Q2A, serial number 1), then register it as a new homebuilt replica Q2 as built from parts. If you try to use the original QAC serial number it may become complicated since it has already been registered. FSDO can confirm this if you can find a DAR that is reasonably easy to work with.

On Jul 10, 2022, at 6:55 PM, Mike Dwyer <q200pilot@...> wrote:

That's a 1985 Q2.  It was FAA deregistered on 11/15/2012.  That's going to be a problem.  I'd suggest you talk to your local fsdo to see if you can re-register it somehow.

Mike Dwyer

On Sun, Jul 10, 2022, 19:49 Sandaircraft <Snoboarders@...> wrote:

So today was the day, we moved 169W from behind my cousins garage into my hanger. I got a better look at what im working with. Im excited but not overly so. Alot of work ahead. So far from what i see its solid, but there areas of concern, some delam on corner of elevator, delam on rear wing inboard of aileron, basically the filet between the aileron and fuselage. The tail has been modified and has a single spring tail wheel mount, the  rudder has obviously been modified and didnt survive the trip intact. Looks like the bottom mount has broken.
My plans are complete disassembly, sand down complete fuselage mostly using straight line sander, make sure she has good bones. Fingers crossed that i can work with whats there.