Re: N169W

One Sky Dog

Sandman?

This is the first Corvair mount I saw for a small firewall. This was a KR2 firewall mock-up in 2001.

I built one, tested to failure, rebuilt correcting flaws, retested. Modified an existing mount that came with an engine I purchased. Installed on my Dragonfly and have 100 hrs of flight time on it.

Inline image

This mount will fail the rear horizontal tube bends up with engine loads.

Inline image

Rear truss that is connected to bed properly resists bending load and transfers it to the firewall bolts.

Regards,

On Monday, July 11, 2022, 11:12 AM, Sandaircraft <Snoboarders@...> wrote:

All very helpful info. I am in contact with po and hopeful we can do bos. That will be first step. I also am in good with local FSDO and a DAR. I definitely want this sorted before hand.
If all goes well id like to power with corvair, so Vern if you have any pics or drawings, any advice id love to hear it. Mostly interested in placement and mount design at this point.

On Jul 11, 2022, at 1:03 PM, Frankenbird Vern <smeshno1@...> wrote:

 I wonder..Bruce..which FSDO did your DAR work with? I presume Tulsa is where I will go through, but in my case the truth is the entire critter is not possible to be a kit!  Nothing like what they are offering from Zenith and similar. Coordinated pilots..not much trimming..they practically put themselves together. I've seen more layout work done in Production lines than the current Experimental kits being offered now.

Vern
Trapped again in OKC on Contract at the Lazy B as an M.E.
"The beatings will continue until moral improves!"