Re: [Quickie-1] Tail wheel support - steel/foam

Eugen Pilarski

Hello Chris,

After you note I double check the quick head webside and found this Q-talk #12 information from Bob, please follow link. He had a issue after seven hours flying with his Q2.

Best regards

Eugen

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 18.07.2022 um 17:22 schrieb Chris Walterson <dkeats@...>:

 Eugen-----------  The original tail wheel support or spring is made form Uni glass and it is round.

 The tailwheel is rather large. I think the Q1 and Q2 have the same size.

On my Q200 I made my own spring out of  a bunch of uni until I had 1/2 thick and 1 inch wide.  After cured, a few layers of bi direction wrapped and good to go.  The spring is set into some high density foam inset into the tail and floxed and glassed in place.

 Hope this helps---------------- Chris