Re: What epoxy, what foam

One Sky Dog

Chris,

Good choices.

West was designed to encapsulate wood boats to protect them from rot. Structurally it has a low heat distortion point of approximately 135F. This cannot be improved with a post cure. The West Pro series is structural but I have no experience with it.

Aeropoxy was formulated by PTM&W for a structural matrix for fiberglass. It has a heat distortion temperature of 157F as cured and as high as 190F with post cure or just aging on the ramp. It’s properties are as good as any room temp structural epoxy. 3 hardener speeds.

Regards,

On Thursday, July 28, 2022, 2:10 PM, Chris Walterson <dkeats@...> wrote:

  I  like to use Aeropoxi.   It was recommened after Safety Poxi wasn't
so safe.  I have the epoxi pump so it is real easy.

 I use the West epoxi system for doing the filling.  It is probably
good for structure also, but when I do structure I stay with the same epoxi.

 As for foams, there are several types depending on the part. Blue or
pink dock billets are used for the flying surfaces.

 A type of surefoam is used on the fuselage. On my little Quickie the
fuselage was made from really soft carvable foam, green in colour.

 Take care------------  Chris