Re: Elevator Trim Springy Thingy Really Needed?

Frankenbird Vern

 Mr Mod himself (me) is staying with the known aerodynamics. I also have a GU airfoil and even though I do not
plan to add an autopilot, the trim system and reflexor are "in stone" along with vortex generators.

 I also agree with the others to read all the archives now. Once you get your repair completed Robert DO take the time to
"deep dive" because this machine is unlike others, as you will discover when you taxi up to the pumps on the ramp!! You
have a lot of history to catch up on.. and its' damn good reading too I might add.

 Not rolling out resumes..but I know John Roncz, Burt and Dick Rutan, and Jeanna.  I was on the R&D team of Starship 1
at Beech in the early 1980's and spoke with John several times. I was building my Cozy at the time and asked a lot about the Q bird.
One of our co-horts was building a Q1 at the time. John Bingham also was in the conversations. At the time I had only flown a
Q1 once in Little Rock. Long-eze on several  Xcountrys from Wichita where I was born.  Roncz admitted the aerodynamic issues with
the GU to us, having already experienced rain and bug lift degrading. Its not "bad" per se..but DOES need the generators to be safe.

 Due to Flight Testing of NC2 and NC3 Starship ended up having fences on the main wing and vortex generators on the canard in production, which you can clearly see in this photo op shot.

NASA-2000Starship.jpg

 Take a bit of a break from re construction and just take a few days to injest what experiences are offered free to you. You might even find Sam in a few of those photos.  :-)

Vern