Re: Hi! I'm a new member and want to build a Q-200... probably from scratch

David J. Gall

Jay! I took that course, too! By any chance do you still have Hollmann’s flutter and vibration analysis program?

David J. Gall

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jay Scheevel
Sent: Tuesday, October 4, 2022 12:31 AM
To: main@q-list.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Hi! I'm a new member and want to build a Q-200... probably from scratch

Believe it or not Rick, I still use Basic fairly frequently. I Just don’t have the source code that was used in that analysis. I suspect it was a simple composite beam stress solution rather than a computationally intensive finite element approach, even though that was available then.

I took a course from Martin Holliman in 1988 where we did both static and dynamic FE analysis on a composite wing. It was very impressive, given the computational speed back then.

On Oct 3, 2022, at 10:00 PM, Rick Hole via groups.io <r.hole@...> wrote:

If the source code for Q2Analysis can be located I would be happy to work it into something that can be used on current devices.

Rick Hole