Re: Hi! I'm a new member and want to build a Q-200... probably from scratch

David J. Gall

Jay! I took that course, too! By any chance do you still have Hollmann’s flutter and vibration analysis program?

David J. Gall

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jay Scheevel
Sent: Tuesday, October 4, 2022 12:31 AM
To: main@q-list.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Hi! I'm a new member and want to build a Q-200... probably from scratch

Believe it or not Rick, I still use Basic fairly frequently. I Just don’t have the source code that was used in that analysis. I suspect it was a simple composite beam stress solution rather than a computationally intensive finite element approach, even though that was available then. 

I took a course from Martin Holliman in 1988 where we did both static and dynamic FE analysis on a composite wing. It was very impressive, given the computational speed back then.

Cheers,

Jay 

On Oct 3, 2022, at 10:00 PM, Rick Hole via groups.io <r.hole@...> wrote:

If the source code for Q2Analysis can be located I would be happy to work it into something that can be used on current devices. 

Rick Hole

From: main@Q-List.groups.io [mailto:main@Q-List.groups.io] On Behalf Of David J. Gall
Sent: Monday, October 3, 2022 9:27 PM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Hi! I'm a new member and want to build a Q-200... probably from scratch

Thanks Jay.

David J. Gall

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jay Scheevel
Sent: Monday, October 3, 2022 10:48 PM
To: main@q-list.groups.io

Hi David,

Yes I remember it was a BASIC program but I never got the code, so it has probably slipped into the ether.

Cheers,

Jay 

On Oct 3, 2022, at 7:39 PM, David J. Gall <David@...> wrote:

Jay,

The Waddelow document makes reference to a computer program called Q2ANALYSIS. By any chance do you have a copy of that program? I assume it was written in BASIC or QBASIC so source code should be available and would be greatly appreciated if you have it.

Thanks!

David J. Gall

Join main@Q-List.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.