Re: O-200 Oil Tank Too Big?

Sam Hoskins

Ahh, the low profile oil sump.  Not an easy trick. As Jay said, I built one out of aluminium. I also made one out of carbon fiber but only flew it a couple of times, I had problems attaching it to the engine.  Probably photos on my blog or in my Q-List photos. Long Eze speedster Rob Martinson came up with a dry sump. Klaus built his out of CF for his Vari-Eze. I think the Voyager builders cut the bottom half off, then devised a way to add oil in flight.  I could be wrong about that though.

It's a big deal, lots of issues, and in my experience, not easy.

Sam

Sam

On Sat, Nov 5, 2022 at 9:19 AM Robert Schmid <robert@...> wrote:
I haven't paid much attention to this so far but it looks like my O-200 oil tank extends beyond the cowling ... What have others done? Is there at smaller tank? Do I modify the cowling?

Thanks Robert
--
Robert "TheFrisco" Schmid
(408) 805-5450