From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of haiqu <judd@...>
Sent: Saturday, November 5, 2022 10:12 AM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Err, g'day

Hey Vern, Thanks for the encouragement. I actually love Florida, having been there in 1995. I'll give that some thought, but it won't be this year. As for shipping, the issue isn't whether it fits but who will pack it, and how to get it to my remote country location when it arrives. As a former motorcycle importer I'm a bit familiar with picking stuff up from customs hold, but although I hold a semitrailer licence it's a long time since I've driven one.

GA is well and truly dead here. Even getting a reply from airports about basics like how much landing fees and parking cost go unanswered. Being decidedly single I'm more interested in the Quickie that the Dragonfly but have always hesitated on buying parts because it was originally a kit, and building one from the available data is risky. But I've just seen that there's a new one about to fly down south (as reported in the RAAus newsletter Sportspilot, Issue 102 p66) https://www.raa.asn.au/sport-pilot/the-archives/ and that has inspired me again. I also rejoined that organization last week, and did their L1 Maintenance Authority test online, passing with 88% on my first attempt, so I have the right to maintain whatever I decide to build.

I won't ever give up on the dream, but it sure has been a long runway. :-)